Latest Comments

8th November 2021 9:58:12 AM
This aircraft was ferried from Ardmore airport to Lorde Howe Island on the 7th of Novmeber 2021 and its fromer registration was ZK-PTC

8th November 2021 9:56:40 AM
This aircraft was ferried from Ardmore airport to Lorde Howe Island on the 7th of Novmeber 2021 and its fromer registration was ZK-PTJ

30th October 2021 1:41:48 PM
Anyone know what happend to this airplane c-ffhd belong to alain montmany

11th September 2021 11:30:00 AM
Circling around Carleton Place Ont.

11th September 2021 11:23:58 AM
Leaving Clayton Lake Ont.

19th August 2021 8:36:04 AM
Only 4 seats and 160 hp otherwise correct, I've owned for 11 years.

19th August 2021 8:28:24 AM
I did my first solo in N9890B Aug 1964, 57 years ago. I would love to make contact with the owner.
tlooft@earthlink.net Maybe able to share some pictures from back in the day.

22nd July 2021 3:46:20 PM
Hi Big Al. I belong to Parair at Parafield and our first plane in the early 70's was a Victa VH-BWG.
Just wondering if you could provide more details of this plane around that time. Thanks.

26th June 2021 7:40:18 AM
Unique Guppy conversion aircraft. At Bournemouth. Needs preservation as the only surviviving CL44
I was the last Flight Engineer qualified on this aircraft.

23rd June 2021 8:54:47 AM
Engine is a Subaru EJ22 produced by RAM Performance.

Used as a glider tug.

19th June 2021 4:14:13 PM
Now known as Freedom One and paying tribute to all military veterans across the United States. N500WR has also received a new paint job for this purpose

15th April 2021 1:56:18 PM
Beware buyer, this aircraft doesn’t have clear title. Seller is a little flakey

8th April 2021 5:25:55 AM
This is the twin I got my US multi-engine rating on. Took her all over the place. Visiting family in Batavia, NY, she has seen the Niagara Falls lots of time. Wonder how she looks now. Still white and green, with fake black stripes on wing edge pretending to be de-icer?

26th February 2021 2:14:30 PM
This aircraft was meticulously built and flown by my father in 2002. It was sold in the fall of 2020. The buyer disassembled the aircraft, trailered it across states, and reassembled it. It is not known if it was flows after reassembly. The buyer was not a certified aircraft mechanic.

10th February 2021 4:53:35 PM
This helicopter was used in the series ICE PILOTS when Buffalo Joe (McBride) got his 69th birthday present, an hour of dual instruction.

30th January 2021 4:15:11 PM
I discovered this plane on the side of a country road outside of Paris, Texas is a dilapidated state. I did some research on its history and found this web page about it. Here's my post if you interested: <a href="https://matthewtrader.com/photos-abandoned-airplane-pro-air-martin-404-in-paris-texas"

30th January 2021 9:01:41 AM
I owned this nice B for many years (and miss her). Flew her all over Can and USA and on skis for a short while. While float ready I never flew on water,
I did the upgrades to the 0-300-d engine, many other mods mostly cosmetic in nature.
Did an even trade for a C182F for more speed and range.

25th January 2021 10:10:26 AM
Hello Kevin, Inquiring about C-GOWP

It was my fathers' airplane at one time

Any interest in selling?

Jason Campsall
airstripmusic@mac.com
705-794-5172

14th November 2020 10:00:47 PM
ELN was not assembled in Australia - the holder assembled it at American Legend's factory in Sulphur Springs, TX, USA using their AL-18 Factory Build Assist Program

31st October 2020 4:25:20 AM
Buyers be ware.
I went to see this plane that is for sale in Texas. There is no FORM 337 for Garmin 750 and 430.

26th October 2020 4:42:24 AM
Hi, Used to own this nice bird. Did many mods on her and even the paint job.
She was once a military liaison plane assigned to an air vice marshal.
Probably the only 24 volt of that vintage. Long range tanks, flap gap seals, stall leading edges etc.
Prior to my owning she was an air cadet bird. She and I traveled many miles.
I got her in an even trade for a C 170B that I owned. as the B buyer wanted to go floats and my 170 was factory a float kit bird.
Nice bird, enjoy.

11th September 2020 10:51:47 AM

11th September 2020 10:45:35 AM

10th September 2020 9:59:44 AM
I'd like to own this aircraft. I now own and fly a 1965 Mooney M20E, with added turbo, but the idea of pressurisation is very tempting. Is it for sale?

30th August 2020 2:53:48 PM
CF-IJR used to be Imperial Oil's Lockheed Electra.

30th August 2020 2:49:29 PM
Owned this a/c 1988-2000. Based at CEZ3 Cooking Lake. It had abt 750 hrs when I acquired it. Great plane; never any issues.

10th August 2020 3:10:28 AM
Dad's first airplane learned to fly in late '60s on "Tango."

2nd August 2020 6:27:25 PM
big_goblin, You live near an airport.. Which was there before you, Maybe just move again?

2nd August 2020 6:25:41 PM
big_goblin, Maybe you should move to a different area!

its literally an Ambulance.

26th July 2020 11:44:59 PM
the helicopter has literally got "ambulance" printed on it.
emergency services > your sleep

26th July 2020 11:40:48 PM
Hi there. If you re-read the EPA Victoria noise regulations, you'll see that these regulations apply to noise "from a residence".

19th July 2020 9:36:56 AM
Hi there. If you re-read the EPA Victoria noise regulations, you'll see the following Prohibited times: "Monday to Friday before 7 am or after 8 pm. Weekends and public holidays before 9 am or after 8 pm". So your today's (Sunday) 8:30am flight was a shameful act of disrespect towards the residents.

15th June 2020 5:07:50 PM
The owner displayed is incorrect, the Casa register has been updated 13.5.20 to the new owner for VH-CWC.

5th June 2020 5:45:06 PM
VH-DIR appears in the 1964 ABC series "The Stranger" episode 10 at 22:04 https://youtu.be/f7yA18JalpQ?t=1320

16th May 2020 12:21:53 PM
I was the owner of this aircraft for many years. I flew it mostly over Texada Island in the Georgia Straight off the airport runway as I was the Manager. I was a beautiful place to fly all day long as there were no thermals and the air was always smooth. I put several hundred hours on it before I moved back to Alberta. Due to an unfortunate accident I was no longer able to foot launch. I sold it back to the Manufacturer in absolutely mint condition several years ago. I really do miss it. I am now making Plans to build a RotorMobile.
Mike Bolch

1st May 2020 12:40:39 PM
This aircraft resides at YCEM Coldstream in Victoria and flies regularly. Jointly owned by Chris Ashdowne and Mike Welsh both members of the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia and the Coldstream Flyers Club.
Purchased in February 2016 from Keith Morgan of Victoria, it is kept in show condition and has won three awards since then including Best Contemporary Aircraft in the GA category at the 2017 Avalon Airshow.
In 2006 it was fully restored by Scott Taberner and Keith Morgan with zero timed engine by Jimmy Williams of Albury NSW.

18th April 2020 2:32:13 PM
I have a picture of a aircraft with same rego VH-UVU twin engine high wing twin engines it is a very old photo.

18th April 2020 2:28:52 PM
I have a very old picture bearing the same rego as this VH-URD with ANA flag on rudder twin engine twin wing

18th April 2020 2:25:55 PM
I have a photo of an old low wing open cockpit aircraft fixed undercarriage in flight bearing the rego VH-ACO

18th April 2020 2:22:56 PM
Have come across a very old picture od a Australian National Airways Pty Ltd aircraft bearing the same VH-NYB

18th April 2020 2:19:52 PM
I have come across a picture of twin wing VH-AAI very old photo if interested drop me a line

18th April 2020 2:10:25 PM
i was looking thru some old photos and came across a picture of this aircraft looks like 1950s,0r 60s

18th April 2020 12:26:32 AM
Le Rockwell 114 C-GUKD a été importé en 1976 par Les Industrie Doyon de Saint-Victor Beauce.

17th April 2020 1:25:56 PM
Emergency landing April 16, 2020

13th April 2020 12:44:32 PM
returns from Invercargill Hospital to Dunedin

jetgriff
Invercargill
New Zealand
6th April 2020 3:36:57 PM
Used to be flown by a big fellow called Peter who had a stutter, laying 1080 poison baits for wild dog control, they used to drop them through a chute through the floor from memory.

11th February 2020 2:50:29 PM
Otago Regional Rescue

jetgriff
Invercargill
New Zealand
6th February 2020 2:14:30 PM
Great machine... keeps u on your toes...

30th December 2019 10:38:48 AM
C-GYYB Bush Caddy L-164 Le 15 décembre 2019 à Beaver Lake B.C. CA. Lors d'un d'écollage sur skis sur le terrain du propriétaire une des ailes est entré en contact avec un arbre, les contrôles on été détruits et l'avion a fini sa course dans un boisé et a subi des dommages substantiels, le pilote a pas été blessé.

le commandant
28th December 2019 11:45:38 AM
That a great photo!!!

-----------------------
Dasher was here....
21st December 2019 7:37:22 PM
as of dec 2019 , stored at wangaratta YWGT. flat front tyre, heavy dust coating and cobwebs all around airframe and engine.
SAD sight for what looks like a nice Stationair 8

20th December 2019 11:47:04 AM
The thing has Two {2} engines

20th December 2019 11:33:30 AM
Well done Mike Re flight england to australia 2019

19th December 2019 3:49:46 PM
12/12/2019 vicinity F46

8th December 2019 11:55:01 AM
Sunday 1130 08122019 Low altitude over private property, executed a turn upon being observed...

fly low? youre gunna go...
8th November 2019 11:08:01 PM
I am currently studying for my PPL in this aircraft.

2nd November 2019 7:36:58 PM
MMF is the second of 3 RV aircraft built by the late Miles Morcombe of Narrikup WA.
Currently based at Mt Barker, West Australia.

28th October 2019 8:52:47 PM
I have had the privilege to ride the back seat Such a joy

fisher2fisher
21st October 2019 11:30:28 PM
Salut Dirk, est-il possible pour toi de spécifier quels sont les modèles d'avions, ou tes photos ont été prise et pour quel évènement? Cela serais intéressant de savoir.
Merci
Le Commandant.
1st October 2019 8:36:35 AM
This airplane is owned by Chinook Skies Ltd and leased by 164061 BC Ltd who operates as Wabusk Air.

22nd September 2019 9:45:26 PM
Scrapped as of September 2019

16th September 2019 4:31:11 AM
I am curious if these aircraft were ever available in Canada. The design certainly has a lot going for it. Thank you for your time!

9th September 2019 8:09:47 AM
Think this was my Dads Plane in the 1970,s

20th August 2019 5:42:55 AM
This helicopter featured in the Discovery Channel series 'Opal Hunters' (2019) as a cattle rancher called Stoney came to visit the Opel Hunters at their claim near Cloncurry.

18th July 2019 5:39:32 AM
Engine is an IO-540

17th July 2019 5:55:02 AM
I flew a Cherokee Arrow during late summer and in to the fall of 1974. I leased the aircraft from Crow Aviation at Toledo Express Airport, Toledo, OH. Registration N44458. Great plane. Many happy hours in the air (northern Ohio and the lower peninsula of Michigan. Came real close to buying the plane.

15th July 2019 10:16:10 PM
Mark runs Warrior Warbirds, the only warbird joy flight business in Dubbo. YUM is the aircraft he uses as part of this business - there are two flights. Flight one (Short Adventure Flight Experience) is 1hr in length and has 15 minutes in the air for A$290. Flight two (Premium Adventure Flight Experience) is 1.5hrs in length and has at least 30 minutes in the air A$500. Prior to take-off with the Premium Experience, Mark and the participant will come up with a flight profile to allow for maximum time in the air

13th July 2019 11:40:20 AM
C-FOPT Crash landing in farmer field in Langley, BC July/12/2019 2pm

9th July 2019 8:51:50 AM
VH-NTL is registered as such because of Newcastle Airport being NTL in the ICAO airport ID guide. NTL is also where the operator of this aircraft, Pelican Airlines, is based
7th July 2019 5:35:49 PM
Location. Nzfi

28th June 2019 5:16:01 PM
I flew about 54hours in CWR between February and April 1971. Was operating it for the owner. Flew between Jandakot to the north west pastoral properties in the Pilbara and Gascoyne in WA. Fun to fly. The 225HP(?) Continental meant there was no gear extension speed limitation as it was a bit slow. The electric prop CSU was a mystery, popped the fuse. But special techniques could fix that. Dropped a brake disc at Newman, but got it back in place with fewer clips. The Lear Seigler (?) Autopilot sure kept the V tail waggle at bay. Bathroom 1950's style panel. Best of luck to the new owner. Hope it makes you smile.
John Walker

24th May 2019 8:12:07 PM
Loading at Narrabri airport.

24th May 2019 2:14:03 PM
At Narrabri Airport

13th May 2019 12:46:49 PM
This and several other diamond aircraft (VH-YPJ) are operated by a private aviation college in Port Macquarie who bring in Chinese students to gain pilot qualifications and are quite often flying low over rural properties. They have been reported for aerial trespass and invasion of privacy.

8th May 2019 5:23:19 AM
Salut (Pilote98), serait-il possible pour toi de modifier la position de ta jolie photo SVP Merci.

le commandant
8th May 2019 4:44:07 AM
C'était mon avion de 1988 a 1994 alors quand le site dit NO a multiple owner ⦠on repassera loll

18th March 2019 2:54:28 AM
it's in this aircraft I flew for the first time in my life in the early to mid 70's
13th March 2019 8:00:42 AM
My name is Bill Bishop and I am the President / Webmaster of www.thehistoryhangar.ca . This aircraft is the former Canadian Armed Forces CH-136 Kiowa S/N 136228. In 1992 it was painted in a special theme to celebrate R.C.A.F. 400 Squadron's 60th Anniversary ... I'll upload a photo shortly.
As the mission of The History Hangar website is to 'keep our history alive' I would greatly appreciate a contact via email (billbishop@thehistoryhangar.ca) with a current photo of VH-OSX and a brief description of its current role, etc.
Thank you in advance for your interest

A mind is like a parachute ... It must be open to work !
10th March 2019 5:35:14 PM
It was previously rego'd as OY-YAC (Denmark) and LY-AOD (Lithuania). I have reason to believe it might be a Roumanian lak-52 built by Aerostar.

3rd March 2019 12:51:58 PM
Low flying over urban area causing noise pollution

30th January 2019 7:38:04 AM
Erickson Aircrane Lost in Australia, Crew Safe

An Erickson Aircrane was lost while firefighting in Australia earlier yesterday. All three crew members survived when the 1967 S-64E, N173AC, better known as âChristine,â crashed while fighting the Thomson Complex Catchment fires in Gippsland, Victoria.
According to official reports, the helicopter, call sign Helitak 341, crashed near the edge of a dam or into the dam. The accident occurred at approximately 7:15 p.m. local time near Jericho in an area of difficult access and hilly topography known as the Yarra Ranges. First responders needed nearly an hour to reach the crash site. Fortunately, the crew was able to swim to safety.

The Aircrane was one of 10 aircraft on the fire; Victoria has 49 contracted aircraft for firefighting this season, including two Aircranes. Erickson holds the type certificate for the S-64 and operates approximately 20 Aircranes worldwide. It also services and builds S-64s for third-party customers. When rigged for firefighting, the aircraft is typically fitted with a 2,650-gallon water tank and a quick-fill snorkel.

Three other Aircranes operating in Australia have been grounded pending a safety review.

Courtesy AIN

-----------------------
Dasher was here....
23rd January 2019 5:18:38 PM
VH-MKI over Murray Mouth then owned by Mr George Sinclair Goolwa

19th January 2019 2:14:49 PM
First a/c I ever flew was VH FST. Not the same a/c though. The one I flew was a C152. Slight difference in speed I would think.

18th December 2018 5:55:59 PM
Great little 150 that I solo'd in.

14th December 2018 8:35:18 AM
The ATSB is investigating a hard landing and ground strike involving a Beech Aircraft Corporation B200, registered VH-ODI, operated by Desert-Air Safaris, at Mount Gambier Airport, South Australia, on 8 December 2018.

The pilot reported experiencing difficulties landing at Mount Gambier. After a heavy landing, the pilot was unable to safely stop the aircraft on the runway and decided to conduct a go-around. The pilot then conducted another approach and landing. The post-flight inspection of the aircraft revealed substantial damage to both propellers. No one was injured as a result of this occurrence.

As part of the investigation, the ATSB will interview relevant persons, including the pilot, obtain engineering reports and other additional information.

A report will be published at the conclusion of the investigation.

Source: ATSB

-----------------------
Dasher was here....
7th December 2018 10:00:48 PM
I'm surprised there is no reference to this registration once belonged to a famous aircraft. A de Havilland DH-82A, VH-UNA,

26th November 2018 1:24:51 PM
I am the current owner of VH-FAG as your records indicate.
To correct your records, the aircraft was built by De Havilland Australia not in GB and the engine is a General Motors Holden Gipsy (No 123) built in Australia. It is fitted with a wooden propellor manufactured by Invincible Propellors (Australia).
The aircraft was first registered as FAG on the 9th October 1952 but was struck from the register on the 3rd June 1965. As your records indicate it was reregistered 7th October 1983.

14th November 2018 2:58:21 AM
Sad day, 2 died last night in this aircraft landing at Brantford, ON airport.

8th November 2018 12:09:06 PM
Spotted at NZPP-PPQ 2/11/2018

Planespotter 30+ years NEW ZEALAND
31st October 2018 1:19:20 PM
At Narromine National Aerobatics 2018

19th October 2018 7:57:49 PM
Enjoyed many hours in this aircraft when owned by Lex Hinckley to 1988.

3rd October 2018 5:10:41 PM
Spotted this parked up at Roma AP QLD 01/10/18

24th September 2018 7:21:20 PM
24/9/2018 Flew Omaka to Wellington, then to Feilding. No longer has Sounds Air Livery, is now all white with SAW in black letters.

Planespotter 30+ years NEW ZEALAND
22nd September 2018 6:28:05 PM
In the hangar at Cessnock Aerodrome.

22nd September 2018 3:22:21 PM
Photo at Cessnock Aerodrome Airshow.

5th August 2018 9:19:05 AM
Hi Guys
are you hangered at the sunny coast airport. I do photos at the airport regular, I have an asic to gain access where necessary to do photos for all concerned.....

Regards
Randy

3rd August 2018 5:04:31 AM
I had my first solo in this plane in 1982 in Youngstown Ohio

Jamie Campany
2nd August 2018 4:30:01 PM
Beautiful looking aircraft Glen

31st July 2018 4:42:20 AM
taken above Fabreville, Laval

23rd June 2018 4:58:13 PM
I owned this plane during the 1990's. I bought it from a fellow locate in Moncton, NB, and based it in Apple River and Amherst N.S. Had to sell it after I moved to Brandon, Manitoba and life got in the way. Needed paint, otherwise a beautiful airplane and a joy to fly. I'd like to know what became of it. Anyone know? Contact me at "jim@smallartworks.ca"